Arun Verma, M.S., P.E. - Chairman, Board of Trustees and Founder +
Arun received his Bachelor of Engineering in Civil Engineering in 1963 and in 1973 received his M. S. in Civil Engineering from the Cooper Union School of Engineering, New York. In 1989 Arun was a speaker at the Multi-Family World Convention in Dallas, Texas and in 1990 he was assigned to the Board of Governors Multi-Family World Convention in Chicago. He is a Past Director for Economic Development Foundation in San Antonio, Chairman of the Board of Trustees for the Indian Asian Association of San Antonio, and serves on the Board of the Ella Austin Community Center. He has served on the Board for the local Chapter of AGC and is currently serving on the Board of Texas Building Branch of AGC. Galaxy Builders has successfully completed more than 16K projects.
- Galaxy Builders Ltd. - President - 1991 to 2012
- Embrey Construction - President - 1977 - 1991
- Decker Construction - Project Manager - 1975-1977
- Whitemire & Allen, Inc. - Chief Estimator - 1974-1975
- Glick Construction Corporation - Chief Estimator/Project Manager - 1970-1974
- Grey-Iron Foundry Project (an Indo-Czech joint venture, Jabalpur, India - 1967-1970
- Hindustan Construction Company - Assistant Resident Engineer - 1965-1967
- Bhilai Steel Plant - Bhilai, India - Technical Assistant - 1963-1965
Neilesh Verma - President +
Neilesh is a native of San Antonio; he received a Bachelor’s Degree in Economics from The University of Texas at Austin in 2004 and an Executive Masters in Business Administration from the University of Texas at San Antonio in 2009. He joined Galaxy in 2005 and has worked in several positions within the organization. His current responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Direct Oversight of All Internal and External Operations, Formulating the Company’s Strategic Plan, Establish Organizational SOP for Project and Financial Controls, Client Relations, Contract Negotiations, Pre-Construction Services, Corporate Communications, Media and Project Estimating Flow.
Ramiro "RC" Contreras - Executive Vice President of Operations +
As Executive Vice President of Operations, RC’s responsibilities include overseeing and implementing systems for both office and field operations, supervising three project managers and their teams ensuring that daily tasks of contracting, purchasing, constructing and managing multiple projects are maintained. Ramiro received a Bachelor of Environmental Design in 1980 from Texas A & M University, College Station, Texas. He also attended Texas State Technical Institute, Waco, Texas and received his A.A.S. in Drafting and Design in 1973. He has over 33 years progressive experience in general contracting and construction management. Since joining Galaxy, Ramiro has been involved in many major projects, achieving a reputation as a dedicated professional to our clients and the completion of successful projects. He is a former President of the local Chapter of the AGC.
- Galaxy Builders, Ltd. – Executive Vice President –- 1992 – Present
- City of San Antonio – Buyer II – 1991-1992
- Embrey Investments/Construction, Inc. – Project Manager – 1985-1990
- Embrey Investments/Construction, Inc. – Project Coordinator – 1981-1985
- Benco Sales Company – Supervisor – Sales – 1975-1981
- Rick Ogden – Architect – Project Draftsman – 1973-1975
Wil Earwood - Comptroller +
Wil is a 1975 graduate (Cum Laude) of Texas Lutheran University, with a Bachelors Degree in Accounting. He joined Galaxy Builders, Ltd. in 1994 to oversee all internal and external financial reporting, asset management, and internal controls. An Accountant since 1968, Wil has served as controller, vice president and treasurer of construction. Wil is the recipient of the 2011 Best CFO Award for Medium-Sized Private Companies by the San Antonio Business Journal.